Re: [openrisc] Next step after uClinux port?

hy kim wrote:

> hi,
>
> I am porting ucllinux on my fpga board with or1200. but i have some
> problems.
> Please help me. I'm first in this filed.
>
> <current status>
> . ported orpmon and uclinux
> . boot uclinux image via tftp of orpmon
> . successfully ran 'sash', 'ifconfig','route' in userland , also my
> applcation C code ( simple input/output to port)
> . cache on both
> . console : uart
> . can boot with romfs or ramfs
> . Clock :25MHz, RAM: SDRAM 64MB, ROM: 8MB
>
> <problem >
> . can't ping to localhost with unreachable but can ping to another
> machine with 20~50% loss
> . and another problem is

I don't know about localhost ping, I don't remember if I have ever tired
this. Maybe this is a question for uClinux mailing list.
For the 20-50% loss, this might be the speed problem.

> - when an app program was compiled with
> '-Werror-implicit-function-declaration',
> can't compiled continuously with implicit error
> - without '-Werror-implicit-function-declaration', and if run that
> program on ulinux box
> uclinux displays the message 'exec format error'
> * I guess this problem is related with flat format and libarary but i am
> sure not

You are right, application should be compiled with
-Werror-implicit-function-declaration switch turned on. You should have
prototypes for all the functions. This is normally very easy to change.