[ethmac] Ethernet NIC's MTU vs. Enhanced Ethernet (Jumbo Frames)

I'm fed up and considering switching to LINUX/UNIX OS. Currently, I am
stuck with a Xircom NIC running on W2K -- my question -- Does the
driver or the NIC stop me from receiving frames larger than 1514?

AND...

If the software is the bottleneck -- is there an open source s/w that
doesnt create this bottleneck.

I am running Ethereal on the machine but cant see packets larger than
1514 bytes.

Is there a card and software combination that will receive packets larger
than 1514?

Has anyone tried this?

sghineman@yahoo.com