Re: [fpu] fdiv unit

Hi Sagheer !

Unfortunately the code that is checked in is very out of date ! You fdiv
looks good at the front end, but at the backend it is missing rounding
and normalization. Also, de-normalized numbers must be treated specially.

on 9/6/00 8:33, Sagheer.Ahmad@infineon.com at Sagheer.Ahmad@infineon.com
wrote:
> hi jamil & rudi,
>
> attached is the fdiv code (which is roughly a copy of fmul, but
> it works). I did't bother about any of the operand being '0'.
> in fact inside the code there is no exception check on operands.
>
> In my view, you should make exception checks for operands only once at the
> top level when inetegrating all fpu units...there is no need to
> make same checks inside each unit (i.e. fmul, fadd, fdiv). however,
> I would agree (if someone argues) that it would be sensible to have
> zero_detection inside fdiv....because other units don't need it ....

Yes, I agree. This is one area where the code that I'm working on will need
lots of cleanup !

> Rudi, make any change/modification if you feel needed. code is almost
> same as your fmul and all signal/wire names are same.... I was free
> for some time today....so thought of sharing some of your load.
>

> regards,
> sagheer.

Thanks !
rudi