[fpu] Re: [oc] I am new as well.

Yes,
we need this software.
My Floating divider seems to be working now but it
needs some testing.

I need more details on how to use this code { I do not
want to pass over teh code every time } and how to
link it to the verilog test bench

--- Rudolf Usselmann <rudi@asics.ws> wrote:
> Here is where we could use some help:

 You will
> also need the SoftFloat library from:

What about its copyight I have not checked it?

> The problems I'm having is that I would like to
> cross check the floating
> point results on the host against the result I got
> from the SoftFloat
> library. I wrote that code, but then commented it
> back out, as it did
> not work for different rounding modes. So that needs
> to be fixed.

We need even more than that because the FPU is not
just the hardware but also the software library and
compiler so the testing software must cover everything

> A second thing that needs to be done, is to catch
> all floating point
> exceptions from the host (overflow, underflow,
> inexact, etc, etc. )
> Since we would like for the program to work on a
> wide range of platforms,
> Unix, Linux, Windoze ..., we probably need to
> convert it to C++ to
> be able to catch exceptions ...

Why do you want it in C++,? C is good and even faster

What we need is to know when the exceptions are going
to happed and how do the software library "compiler"
handles it.