Re: [fpu] FPU operations

Trust me. Exceptions are detected only by the CPU core (FPU doesn't
know anything about exceptions). What FPU must signal is a cause for
exception. So what I need from the FPU is a signal that represents
particular cause for exception. This signal is for example OVERFLOW.
Another is DIVIDE_BY_ZERO. Basically status bits that are generated
together with the result of operation. CPU then takes appropriate
actions to execute proper exception handler. So FPU doesn't even need
to have their own CPU "visible" registers.

--damjan