Re: [fpu] Re: FPU spec

>From: Damjan Lampret <damjanlampret@yahoo.com>
>
>Please check Altivec's document (I sent URL to the list yesterday). It
>mentions exactly what IEEE-754 standard says about handling QNANs and
>SNANs. Altough I agree it would be better to have official standard but
>since we don't have one we can at least gather information from several
>second sources and get more information about the standard.
>
>regards,
>Damjan

Damjan,

I'll take a look at the Altivic page when I get back from my
vacation next week ...

However, I *do* have the actual IEEE-754 specification. Anyone
can obtain it from IEEE, there is a fee though ...
Unfortunatley it is copyrighted so I can not post it here, however,
I can quote parts of the spec in my own words ...

I believe it is essential for OR1K to be IEEE compliant, or there
might be great diffictultis porting software (especially math
intensive stuff). All CPUs, that include floating point math strive
to be IEEE-754 compliant.

rudi