RE: [fpu] fasu, fpu etc. "C spec"

>From: owner-fpu@opencores.org [mailto:owner-fpu@opencores.org]On Behalf
>Of Jamil Khatib
>
>Hi all,
>
>please check the performance and the documentation
>about the * operator

Ha, ha, ha !

Jamil, have you ever used Synopsys Design Compiler and DesignWare
Libraries ?

> > What is the story with 'C' generator for generating
> > FPU test vectors? Should I write it or not?
>
>We have to define it.
>I'd like to suggest:
>1. generate vectors for Verilog and VHDL "I have not
>decided yet about the format of VHDL can you help me"
>2. we have to enter numbers and show them in readable
>format.
>3. Random generation of numbers and operations
>4. ability to get formelae and compare teh results of
>simulation and c code.
>5. ability to generate special numbers (inf, NaN ) and
>to check for exceptions

Lets try not to overspecify and delay this effort. I already
emailed out what I needed to test the blocks I *already* designed.

If it does not meet Jamils requirements he can take the source code
and modify it. There is not need to dealy this any further.

>Regards
>Jamil Khatib

rudi