[fpu] status

Hi,
Since we are going to leverage the importance of the FPU core we need
more information and developers on this project.

I think we need first to study the instruction set and decided which can
be implemented by HW and which by SW. I asked in previous mail about
some instructions and why they exists in some FPUs like ylog(x+1) and
2^(x+1) what is that advantages of such instructions.

Antoher thing we have to take each instruction and check who it can be
implemented rom both the mathmetical point of view and hw implementation

for example the SQroot is too hard to be implemented in HW may be we can
make some basic operations nad leave the reset for the software.

Do you all agree on my decision about makeing the FPU as extended double
precssion with teh ability to decrease it to single depending on the
register size and extra flag in each instruction to define the size of
operands.

Jamil Khatib