Re: [fpu] Architecture

Hi Usef,
First, I updated the FPU pages under opencores and included ToDo list,
instruction list, and some links

After reading the 387SX coprocessor and IA64 manual, I have some questions and
comments:

1. The size of the FP registers is not 80 as defined by IEEE std but larger,
load and store is responsible of the conversion between teh 80 bit memory word
and the registers. in the double size there is a bit to define a one on the
left of the floating point

2. The FPU uses a stack of registers to perform all its operations

3. there are some instrcutions like 2^x -1 instead of 2^x and Y log2(x) and
Ylog2(X+1) instead of log2(x)

4. I have a suggestion about teh internal units : Exp unit , shifter and alu
to perform all arithmetic operations

I agree with you on your suggestion.