[usb] USB-to-Bluetooth

Hello USB experts,

I need some clarification on Bluetooth-to-USB transmission.
As you know, some Bluetooth modules now have an on-chip
USB interface, used for device firmware upgrade and as HCI
transport.  Future Bluetooth firmware upgrades will also allow
you to change the USB descriptors in the module so you can
receive data over USB and transmit it over the air.

However, I was told that this will not allow me to layer additional
firmware over the embedded Bluetooth stack to do an exact
USB cable replacement using a USB-to-Bluetooth adapter/dongle
device, because:

(1) USB has strict timings which would be violated if the adapter/
dongle had to transmit the request over the air and wait for a
response.

(2) The Bluetooth module is not capable of being a USB master,

(3) The code doesn't fit on chip - USB is "normally" for PC apps
where you have ample resources on the host.

As there are already a lot of USB-to-Bluetooth adapters/dongles
available in the market, I was just wondering how these devices
use USB for their applications.  Can anybody shed some light
on this?

Thanks,

Ricky Nite