Re: [usb] Resume in OHCI

** Proprietary **

one part of the OHCI will be PCI compliant and other part will be towards USB. PCI clock can't be stopped for USB purposes. as u said, the particular bit has to be set by PCI. so clock is a must for PCI operations unless otherwise there is suspending protocol on PCI side also. then how do u detect whether that bit is set or not? probably u can seperately implement that bit in h/w(through a FF) instead of using RAM bit such that it will act as enable signal to your combinational circuit.

stopping the OHCI does mean stopping clock to most of the OHCI except the part involved in resume detection etc.

i didn't understand why clock restarting is taking 1.14ms. probably in that data sheet, clock restarting is done by s/w(i can't estimate how s/w can do it). that's why time taken is so much. h/w implementation will not take a few micro-seconds also.

....vikas.

>>> ak56_n_ak47@rediffmail.com 12/27/02 05:20PM >>>
Thanks for the reply sir.

I have another related question from the point U raised about the host
initiated resume. Please try to answer it also to the best of UR ability.

Host initiated resume will start when HCFS field is written by HCD
(driver) to value corresponding to USBRESUME. This write is possible if
host bus clock (e.g. PCI) is running (which will ofcourse be). But if OHCI
clock has stopped how dual ff synchronizers work?

Does stopping the OHCI clock means stopping clock to most of the OHCI
except the part involved in resume detection etc?

Moreover I was going through datasheet of one HC which stated that
clock can be restarted in 1.14ms. (I am using this as reference because
I am not well versed with the analog circuitry involved with
stopping/starting clock) If remote-resume is detected the clock will
start in 1.14ms , but HC has to reflect the resume signalling in 900us.
Does this again mean that part of OHCI responsible for resume signalling
doesnot have its clock stopped?

I know I am asking implementation specific things. But please answer as
much as U can.

Thanx in advance
amit kumar