Re: [usb] dout of usb 1.1 function core

On Sat, 2002-12-14 at 13:02, mdennis97@hotmail.com wrote:
> Thanks,rudi.You are right.I made a mistake for these wires.
>
> I have another question:why some signals of the PL module were not
> handled?
> ie.,token_valid,int_to_set,int_seqerr_set,pid_cs_err,nse_err,crc5_err,rx_s
> ize,rx_done,etc..
>
> Regards
>
> Dennis

The USB 1.1 function was derived from the USB 2.0 function.
The goal was to have a simple core for embedded applications.
Those applications did not have a way to gracefully recover.
If to many things go wrong the host will drop the function
and you have to unplug and plug back in.
Best case you just loose data and rely on higher level protocols
to recognize it and deal with it. Other applications may not
care so much (mice, cameras ...).
Frames with those errors are just ignored/dropped - no recovery
is implemented.

rudi
www.asics.ws   - Solutions for your ASIC needs -
NEW ! 3 New Free IP Cores this months (so far :*)
FREE IP Cores  -->   http://www.asics.ws/  <---
-----  ALL SPAM forwarded to: UCE@FTC.GOV  -----