Re: [usb] USB2.0 IP Core

On Thursday 30 May 2002 11:29, you wrote:

> I wanted to know whether it is mandatory for USB2.0 transceiver to have
> UTMI. Since I am going to develop the USB2.0 IP core, I wanted to know what
> interface should I consider on the transceiver side.

As far as I know UTMI is the industry standard for interfacing a
USB 2.0 transceiver and a USB 2.0 core. I'm not sure if it's mandatory,
however, it has been adopted by several transceiver manufacturers.

If you don't use UTMI, you would have to come up with your own
proprietary interface, which wouldn't help you at all !

You can do some research on the net and see if there is another
standard or proprietary interface in use by USB 2.0 transceiver
manufacturers and then chose the one that fits you the best.

Regards,
rudi