Re: [usb] some question about the code of the USB function core

Hi, rudi:

On 2002-03-31 13:22:00 You wrote:

>On Saturday 30 March 2002 02:40 pm, you wrote:
>> Hi,Rudi and all:
>>
>>    I have some questions about the USB function core.
>> The first is that how can I re-simulate the core as I cannot
>> find anything in the dictory of bench. I want to learn how
>> to get a full simulation about the core.
>
>How about writing a test bench ???

   Exactly I don't know how to write a good and full coverage testbench
now. That skill is what I want to learn. Can someone help me about that?
Any advice and papers are welcomed. Maybe I can have a try.   :)

>I've been asking for someone to help to write a test bench, but
>nobody wants to do it ...
>
>> The second is that I have seen some code in the module of the core
>> like that following :
>>
>> always @(posedge clk)
>> 	clr_sof_time <= #1 frame_no_we;
>>                     ~~~~~ that means to assign the value after one unit
>> time
>>
>> In my opinion, to add one unit time delay in the code is to minimize
>> the difference between the RTL simulation and the synthesized gate-level
>> simulation. But that code may not be supported by the synthesis tools.
>> Is that true ? How can I change the core into synthesisable ?
>
>No this does not bring rtl closer to gate level simulations. Timing
>will always differ depending on your technology. The "#1" is really
>absolutely meaningless. The only reason I like to add them is
>because it makes debugging of rtl so much easier.
Why did the delay in the code make debugging much easier ?
I don't understand what do you mean exactly. Could you explain that more ?
Thanks.

>This core is absolutely 100% synthesizable. Every synthesis tool
>will ignore the "#1".
>
>rudi
>
>> Thanks for your answer.
>>
>> Best regards.