Re: [usb] CYPRESS EZ-USB, not so EZ just confusing

I think you have a lot of reading to do.
The usb chip has a 1K5 pull up on one of the D lines, D+ for full speed, D-
for low speed, the pc detects this when you plug in your usb gizmo. Then
the process of enumeration takes place, whereby your device describes to
the host, using report descriptors, what interface it supports and how it
will communicate.
If the os has a driver that supports your device, it loads this driver.
Most chip venders supply application software to do basic enumeration. Have
a look at  http://www.usb.org/, Site has a few examples of HID interface.
Good luck,
Bob.

                    pueet@hotmail.
                    com                  To:     usb@opencores.org
                    Sent by:             cc:
                    owner-usb@open       Subject:     [usb] CYPRESS EZ-USB, not so
                    cores.org             EZ just confusing

                    01/02/2002
                    04:08 PM
                    Please respond
                    to usb

Hello Everyone, thank you so much for taking a look at this. i just had
this project dumped on me and now I'm totally confused. we purshased
some Cypress EZ-USB chips and I'm very new at this stuff. what I need
to acomplish is to be able to plug in this chip into any USB on any
computer that has the proper program on it, that we have to write, and
it will recginize the chip and be ready to run the software. so where I'm
stumped is the very begining how does the PC know when it is pluged in
and how does the driver get installed. we also got a Development board
with the chip on it already and when i first pluged it in with out me doing

a thing it was installed. how do i get ours that stands alone to do that.
I guess MY BIGGEST PROBLEM RIGHT NOW is how do i communicate with
it? how do i wirte a basic program to tell it to read a port or something
simple like that? IF there is anyone out there that can help me out i
would greatly aperciate it. Thank you so much for listening to me
ramble. Have a great New Year!
Thanks again,
Justin

 This message is confidential and may contain privileged information. It
must not be read, copied, disclosed or used by any other person  than the
above named addressee. Unauthorised use, disclosure or copying is strictly
prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this e-mail in error,
please contact us immediately on +44 (0) 1273 860000 and delete the
contents as soon as possible. Thank you for your cooperation.  The views
expressed in this communication may not necessarily be the views held by
Hosiden Besson Limited.