Re: [usb] Help

Niko

> Hi:
>   I am interested in USB Test product.I has some question to ask you.
>
>   1.I want to test usb core(verilog).Could you give me some advice?
>
>   2.I search some infomation about usb test produce.For example,CATC USB
> Test produce,Root 1,SBAE-10,etc.Could you tell me which company produce is
> used  more comprehensively?
>   3.I has some question about CATC USB Test produce.I read some document
> about CATC USB Test Tool.But I can't really know the difference among CATC
> USB Test Tools.The difference,I think,it is only some fuction.One has
it,and
> others has not it.Could you give me more infomation about CATC USB Test
> produce or some advice?

    In my experience, CATC "Chief" is better use than CATC Detective and
Inspector,
because CATC chief is built in 128 MB memory, while Detective and Inspector
only got
1 MB memory. You can record long term USB data for your USB device which is
very
important in some case, if you upgrade you Chief to Chief plus, you can
transmit and
record your USB signal at same, you don't need another pattern generator.
but chief plus
cost lots more money :(

>   4.The host transmits data,device receive it,then return some
> handshake.But,when the device transmits data,how do the device know what
> will be transmitted?How do I edit the data that the device will
transmit?The
> test produce,can it be edited just like writing some 8051 program ?

    I don't know what you really mean?

>   Thanks.I expect your answer!

Jim Kuo