[usb] USB Core and PHY

Rudy, my question to you is -- do you really want to do a USB 2.0 core
first? What if you started with a 1.1 core, but partitioned the logic so
that your SIE had the same pinout as the USB 2.0 UTMI? This would allow
you to replace the serial logic with the real UTMI at a later date, then
you could upgrade your 1.1 protocol engine to support the USB 2.0
extensions. This gets you to silicon and a plugfest quickly, and gives a
relatively easy migration path.  While you are working on USB 2.0
extensions, someone else can be working on software drivers etc. for the
1.1 core.

I've been working with USB IP for the last 3 years. I've got stuck with
small design teams on all my USB projects, and getting everything done
with a small number of people has been a real bear. You have got an big
task ahead of you, and I think you would have more fun if you made it as
easy as possible for yourself.

Let me know if I can help. Regards,

Mike Kentley

begin:vcard
n:Kentley;Mike
tel;pager:<a href="mailto:5419483810@page.nextel.com">Page Me!</a>
tel;cell:541-948-3810
tel;fax:541-318-6148
tel;home:541-948-3810
tel;work:541-948-3810
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:http://www.highdesertdesigncenter.com
org:High Desert Design Center
adr:;;;Bend;OR;;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:mkentley@ieee.org
title:Integrated Circuit Design Consultant
fn:Mike Kentley
end:vcard