RE: [pci] with PROM or without ?

Hi!

Yes. The Xilinx ISP PROM is reprogrammable. You just need to download
your design bit file in this PROM and it can then automatically
configure your xilinx fpga upon power up. I think you could use the
Xilinx XC18V02 ISP PROM, just like the one used in the Insight Spartan
II PCI development board.

Regards,
Radwin