Re: [pci] Re: Re: pci system architecture

    Haiko> Hi Alberto, sorry that i answer you so late. you asked whether i
    Haiko> scanned the pci-book in der computer or whether i made a
    Haiko> hardcopy. and i made a hardcopy of the book, because it was
    Haiko> fasten than scanning the hole 500 pages. but in the internet you
    Haiko> find the toc of this book. and when you think this might be
    Haiko> interesting, i will scann a few pages and send it to you.

    Haiko> the question about 3.3V or 5V is still ongoing, but i have made
    Haiko> my decision. we will create a 3.3V board. i have asked some
    Haiko> hardware engineers and all said that actual motherboards support
    Haiko> 3.3V and are 5V tolerant.

The problem is: Is your card 5V tolerant when some other card delivers 5V
signals.

Xilinx Spartan II is 5 Volt tolerant and could fit here, newer families are
_not_ 5V tolerant. Spartan II E can be made 5 Volt tolerant with additional
resistors.

    Haiko> some posts in the forum asked for layout hints and routing the
    Haiko> bga456. i think we will need more layers if we use the bga456
    Haiko> package. so i will use the pqfp208. it has 140 IO's and i think
    Haiko> this is enough. what do you think?  for layout i will use
    Haiko> expiditon pcb from mentor. i have heared that the autorouter is
    Haiko> better than specctra. at the moment i learn to handle this tool.

Are you doing  a single board or some few or are you going for a bigger
number. Only then I would consider doing my own board. Otherwise the Memec
board will be cheaper.

Bye