[pci] problem loading apps module

Hi all,
I compiled the module spartan_drv.c provided with the core, typing

root@helmdeep:~# make spartan_fb.o

and it works fine. Now I'm trying to load the module (spspartan_fb.o)
just compiled, but I obtain this strange error message:

root@helmdeep:~# insmod -f spspartan_fb.o

spspartan_fb.o: unresolved symbol mem_map_reserve
spspartan_fb.o:
Hint: You are trying to load a module without a GPL compatible license
       and it has unresolved symbol. Contact the module supplier for
       assistance, only they can help you.

Then the module doesn't load :-(
I'm using a Debian GNU/Linux machine, kernel 2.2.20 and gcc 2.95.4
20011002 (Debian prerelease)

What's wrong?

Thank you!
--
Marco (MI)

"Qui se accendessero le luci e riabbassassero le luci
ci troverebbero tutti in piedi con gli occhi aperti, qui"
(Ivano Fossati, "Sigonella")