Re: [pci] 3.3V to 5V bus problem

* 04/12/02, 17:10, Stefan Bergström wrote:
> a modern PC only drives 3.3V.
Ok, I took some measure, my motherboard drives just 3.3V :-)

> Some old PCI boards, such as Sound boards, Network Interface cards may
> drive signals to 5V.
Yes, I found some signal normally driven at 3.3V, and sometime at 5V,
I suppose by some old board.

> Some older motherboard does not supply 3.3V power to the PCI bus.
Mine does, it's quite new :-)

> My board is only used in industrially environment in our own PCs.
Mine too, and I've inserted a Shottky diode for clamping at 3.3V (and
a 100ohm resistor) on all FPGA's pins for more safety. I hope this
will not create speed problems (slow edges).

Thank you.
--
Marco (Politecnico di Milano, Italy)

"No, lo abbiamo esaminato dopo, e' perfetto.
Ma quando si ha paura si crede sempre che il motore vibri."
(Antoine de Saint-Exupery, "Volo di notte")