[pci] Re: PCI Addres Translation ?

On Mon, Jun 03, 2002 at 12:12:21AM +0200, gustaw47@poczta.onet.pl wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have one more question:
> how to translate logical addres (e.g. used in Linux 386 program, or Real
> DOS [ES:DI] or [ES:EDI] ) to its phisical representation (DA0..31) on
> PCI ?
> It is necessary to perform BUS-MASTERING (my PCI card must write
> some data directly to PC's RAM memory).

For Linux I assume you'll write some kernel code.  Look into
Documentation/IO-mapping.txt in the kernel sources for how to do it
right.

Before you wonder, there is to my knowledge no way to do bus master
setup properly in user space.  You need to write a kernel module.

--
Andreas Bombe <bombe@informatik.tu-muenchen.de>    DSA key 0x04880A44