RE: [pci] Clock Domain Issues

Miha,

>From what I've seen, (and from what the tools tell me)
this is not a valid design constraint?  Can you explain
what you're actually trying to do with those statements?

	Dave Kroetsch

-----Original Message-----
From: Miha Dolenc [mailto:mihad@opencores.org]
Sent: Monday, April 29, 2002 4:56 AM
To: pci@opencores.org
Subject: Re: [pci] Clock Domain Issues

We ran it at 33MHz on PCI side and 22MHz on the other and it ran for a few
days with no problems.
The target was used mainly for configuration, master was actually
transferring the data.
Have you tried tightening the constraints and recompile the core?

Example:

TIMESPEC "TS_CLK_2_CLK2" = FROM : "CLK"     : TO : "CLK2" : 5 ;
TIMESPEC "TS_CLK2_2_CLK" = FROM : "CLK2" : TO :  "CLK"     : 5 ;

where CLK would be PCI clock and CLK2 WISHBONE clock. These go into ucf
file.

Regards,
Miha Dolenc