Re: [pci] why read is slower than write ?

hi,
   Thanks for quick response. I am not talking about
open cores. I developed by reading specification.
I am implementing pci target. Let me expalin my doubt
clearly.
When i am reading data from ram(memory) it is taking 3
cycles( 2 are wait cycles), but when i write any data
on same memory it completing in a cycle witout any
wait cycles. I don't have any FIFO's.

Thanks in advance.
Madhu

--- Miha Dolenc <mihad@opencores.org> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I don't know what you mean exactly!  Are you talking
> about OpenCores pci
> bridge? Master or Target?
> If you are referring to why PCI Target has 1 initial
> wait cycle for reads
> and none for writes, the reason is because outputs
> must be registered.
> Target has to pull data out of FIFO and put it in
> output registers before
> asserting TRDY.
> Did this help?
>
> Regards,