Re: [openrisc] FW: [ECOS] Harvard architecture MLT files

> 1) I presume your platform is entirely ORP compliant, as you submitted the
> eCos port in the first place?

We're not using the ORP platform, but the in-house platform we're using
differs only in relatively trivial ways (memory addresses, Flash type, etc.)
from ORP.  I ported eCos to ORP because, at the time I started my efforts,
our in-house platform definition was incomplete.  I always check that the
ORP version of Redboot builds and runs  before submitting patches to the
eCos maintainers, but it is not being actively used.

> 2) How are you doing your debugging? Are you using JTAG module or Redboot?
> If you're not using Redboot, did you ever build and run it?

With the or1ksim simulator, I tend to use the emulated JTAG interface for
debugging.  With the HW, I use the gdb stubs built into Redboot, with one
serial port as the console and the other dedicated to gdb.  Redboot should
build and run on or1ksim "out-of-the-box" for ORP.  (Or at least it will
again once the eCos maintainers check-in my latest patches.)

-Scott