Re: [openrisc] orp

So is this 1000-1500 dollars something you would be willing to pay out of
your own pocket or are you looking for donations. :)

If finding a stable supply of boards with the desired features is a
problem, it might be worthwhile
to create an open design as a joint effort. I am not sure what the interest
in something like
that would be.

I personally have been giving some thought to making my own board with the
features you have mentioned. My confidence has been raised somewhat by
designing a
smaller board recently.

I just recently got in some 4 layer boards I designed with an
8Mx8 sdram and 2Mx8 flash to use with my Digilent board.
I have just starting testing, but the sdram is responding. I am still working
on the flash. The goal ultimately being to run ucLinux on a Spartan IIe
with 300k gates.

I have seen mention that Xilinx will include support for 1M+ gates on their
WebPack
for the Spartan III. It is not there yet, so I am not sure how accurate
that is.
Of course the Spartan3 I think is only available in sample quantities at
this point anyway.

I guess the point being, if someone like Digilent or Burched does not come
out with
their own 1M+ gate boards that have the ability to run ucLinux without
having to design
additional boards, I will probably start work on my own board. I think a
low cost board
capable of running ucLinux with or1200 on an FPGA and some real peripherals
is possible.
However I probably will not seriously pursue this for at least 6 months.
How fast are you needing a board? :)