RE: [openrisc] Ethernet Core Performance

I have been trying to get this figured out, and still no luck.  I am
concerned b/c we are going to silicon next month (we just found out
yesterday that we are able to get in on another team's foundry run b/c
they aren't ready & the silicon would go to waste otherwise) and we'd
like to have more confidence that the problem will go away when the
speed improves. My gut feeling is that there is something else wrong...
i286 machines @ 16MHz don't take 1.5 minutes to establish a telnet
session, we do!  Our memories are about as fast as they can be... they
run at the processor's speed, but, of course, it's ~4 wishbone clocks to
access them (according to our hardware guy).

Is there something else I need to do?  I am, unfortunately, somewhat
uClinux-challenged and am wondering if there is something more I need
to do with the O/S? I have created a "services" file in /etc, and there is
an "rc" file:

ifconfig eth0 inet 132.158.113.44 netmask 255.255.0.0 hw ether
00:01:02:03:04:05

route add -net 132.158.0.0 netmask 255.255.0.0 dev eth0

and that's it for the network setup.  Are there any other uClinux config
files?  I followed Javier Castillo Villar's email instructions (an OpenRISC
fourm post from Wed, Nov 27, 2202) for setting up the /dev directory.

I am at a loss for how to go about debugging this... the hardware guys
say that everything is hooked up correctly (they are using the Open
Core Ethernet MAC) and that it hooks up to our Intel PHY chip directly,
and they feel that it's something at my end.  I just dunno where to go.

Sincerely,
Michael McAllister

(PS, I am sorry if this is a bit off-topic, but I am afraid that the Ethernet
MAC forum and the uClinux group just don't have any experience with
this project, and my time runs VERY short; the run is for the end of July).