[openrisc] Merging toolchain versions

Hallo,

I want to propose what I think would be a good way to merge the
toolchains and make a code clean-up in the process. I think we should,
in these order:

(1) Resolve specification problems, at least regarding software tools at
the moment, that is, chapter 16 of the Architecture Manual (Aplication
Binary Interface). A document should be written with a clear
specification. I could do it, we just need a final discussion about all
aspectos of the ABI and the freeze that as reference model.

(2) Change the target name to or1k in the development tools. I think
this is a better name, as the architecture should (in a later stage)
allow 64 bit implementations. This change of name would permit to
maintain current ports working to allow users & developers to gradually
adapt their sources, while we move functionality to the new target
architecture from both versions of tools and cleaning the code in the
process. I know a chage of name forces modifying existing Makefiles of
other code for OpenRISC (uclinux, rtems, etc), but it's not much work (i
had to do it once with my ecos).

(3) Where two different functionalities are required, should that case
arise, use gcc parameters ('-mXXX') to allow it to be chosen at
run-time.

I think this is a good workplan, but, as always, is open for
discussion/modification. Post any comments.

Best regards,

	Carlos

Esta parte del mensaje esta firmada digitalmente