Re: [openrisc] Connect to JTAG, then?

----- Original Message -----
From: <reanphoto@yahoo.com.tw>
To: <openrisc@opencores.org>
Sent: Tuesday, April 29, 2003 10:37 PM
Subject: Re: [openrisc] Connect to JTAG, then?

> Hi Damjan,
>
> Thanks for youe reply.
>
> I have some detail question,
>
> 1. In the "xsc_fpga_top.v" I see a module named "tc_top", it looks like
> a test module, should I remove/mark it when I want to synthesis for
> FPGA?

This is "traffic cop". It integrates all different IP blocks in the "SoC".
You can't remove it if you want to use orp_soc (as it integrates all
internal blocks together...).

> 2. I use the prepared files "xsv_fpga_top_ethernet.exo"
> and "xsv_cpld_2.svf" for the flash and CPLD, and
> a. What frequency should I set for FPGA?

IIRC 10 MHz. It has been a while I played with XSV800.

> b. Which ORPmon file should I use, "orpmon.or32" or "orpmon-
> flash.or32"?

Can't remember, try both.

> c. What is the setting of the terminal(e.g. baud rate, parity...) to see
> the ORPmon console?

Either 9600 or 19200. But the rest is 8N1 for sure.

> d. After connect the uart, initial the terminal, Am I just waiting the
> prompt?

Yes. Just send the CR to update the prompt.

regards,
Damjan