Re: [openrisc] Re:Getting the size down

Jolly good. The same thing should be done in gcc so that it would be possible to
compile gcc for openrisc with or without hardware support for multiply and
multiply-and-accumulate. Instead of just inserting mul gcc must insert a handful
of opcodes doing the same thing.

Don't forget that the option with mult implemented bitserial would be
attractive. The hardware cost for that type of mult implementation would be very
low. No extra external opcode fetching would be needed. I have a design that
could be used (after conversion from VHDL to verilog).

regards
/Michael