Re: [openrisc] Fw: OR1K Automated Testing System - gdb

Title:
Damjan Lampret wrote:
FYI this was on Tuesday. I haven't checked yesterday or today, maybe
everything is OK today.
I had noticed this build error yesterday morning when I woke up (Pacific Time).  (I had thought I had checked in all my changes, but I had missed one file.)  Anyway, with that last file checked in, it seems to be fixed now.  Sorry about that.

On a negative note, the uclinux test is now failing, presumably due to my UART simulation changes.  Apparently the serial driver used during uclinux booting is different than the one used after the kernel starts, since only the former successfully generates output.  I don't think I'll have any time to debug this in the near future, so I will probably just back out my change to 16450.c.
By the way, should ATS error messages go directly to openrisc mailing list
(if there is a problem, a very long email is sent). Right now ATS emails are
sent only to me.

I think that if you send that much traffic to such a large list that a lot of people will complain/unsubscribe.  You could create a mail alias for the or1k maintainers and send the mail just to that list.

If someone wanted to be really ambitious, we could use the Tinderbox automated build system as a wrapper around the ATS scripts.  Tinderbox is integrated with CVS and will only send email to those people that could be responsible for a build error, i.e. those that checked in between the last good build and a subsequent failed build.  It also has a lot of other nice features, i.e. you can see a listing of the new checkins made that affected a particular build, it will associate compiler warnings with a particular developer.  Here's an example of Tinderbox in action.

While Tinderbox is probably overkill given the relatively modest size of the development group, it would be nice to migrate one feature from Tinderbox to ATS: continuous builds (or at least more than one build a day).  I don't know if you have the CPU cycles available, but if you do, it would be great if ATS builds could be run two or three times a day.

-Scott