Re: [openrisc] Running slower wishone interfaces

Mike,

I have found what is the problem. It is related to ifdefs, specifically how
OR1200_CLKDIV_2_SUPPORTED and OR1200_CLKDIV_4_SUPPORTED enable logic for 1:2
or 1:4 WB to RISC clock ratios. The problem was that by default
OR1200_CLKDIV_4_SUPPORTED was always commented in or1200_defines.v and
OR1200_CLKDIV_2_SUPPORTED was always enabled. Unfortunately logic enabled by
both defines was nested in or1200_wb_biu.v in such a way that
OR1200_CLKDIV_4_SUPPORTED when disabled also removed logic for 1:2 ratio. So
I change the nesting and now everything is OK. I have also updated
description of both defines in or1200_defines.v so that now is perfectly
clear how they need to be defined. And clmode port is still the one that
actually selects the ration (assuming the logic is enabled with
OR1200_CLKDIV_x_SUPPORTED in first place).
When testing ratios both CLKDIV defines were enabled and this never revealed
the ifdefs nesting problem. Since then ratio 1:4 was permanently disabled in
or1200_defines.v to give some better timings when or1200 is being
synthesized as a macro and part of bigger block. Unfortunately there is so
many combinations of defines that not all can always be tested (I'll
increase number of combinations in regression).

I have also updated that the second iteration in regression test 1:2 ratio.
Just update your local sources of orp_soc and run ../bin/run_rtl_regression
script in directory orp_soc/sim/run. Iteration 2 (pass 2) will test 1:2
ratio and it should pass successfully.

regards,
Damjan