[openrisc] help with compiler errors

To anyone who can help:

I have just downloaded the open risc 1k simulator and am having problems
compiling the source code.  I have untarred the download and ran the
configuration with:

./configure --target=or32-rtems --prefix=/opt/or32-rtems
make all install

And during the make an error occurs.  This is the error but it
doesn't really make sense since the rule that it says is not there
really is:

make[2]: *** No rule to make target 'peripheral/channels/libchannels.a',
needed by 'sim'. Stop.

I have checked the makefiles in peripheral/channels, and both Makefile and
Makefile.in have the rule for libchannels.a.  This archive is not getting
created but all other ones are.  Could you please help with this or direct
me somewhere where I could get help.

Thank you very much for your time,
Raymond