Re: [openrisc] Integer multiplications and floating point instructions in GCC

On Tuesday 15 October 2002 20:42, javier_castillo_villar@yahoo.es wrote:
> Hi:
>   I compile some programs with gcc port for openrisc and I saw it donīt
> use integer multiplicacions and floatĄng point instructions. I saw in the
> openrisc web page the compiler can use l.div instructions and when I
> take a look to the port I saw in the or32.md that the floating points
> instructions are defined.
>   Exists a way to make the compiler use them?
Yes of course; I think default implementation of or1200 have the l.div
disabled and floating point instructions are not yet implemented.

the gcc has the following switches to control above implementations:
-mhard-div
-msoft-div (default)
-mhard-float
-msoft-float (default)