Re: [openrisc] Newbie, OpenRISC, Or1ksim and Linux

Hi Lee and welcome to OC!

> I had been thinking about computer architectures and writing an operating
> system for some time.  But I desided that writing an OS from scratch,
> although interesting, would take too long (probably 3 - 5 years).
>
> When I was first kicking around ideas for my operating system, a friend
> suggested that I should write it for an Open Source Hardware project.
After
> 5 months, I arrived at Opencores.
>
> So I had a look at OpenRISC and thought it looked cool, so I checked out
the
> binutils, newlib and gcc from the cvs and built them.  No problem.
Checked
> out or1ksim (about 10 minutes ago) and it didn't build.
Yes I got the same problem. Accidentially I forgot to update configuration
file.
I've just corrected the problem and it should build ok.

> I also metioned Linux in the topic.  I saw the Linux port on the website
and
> thought that it would be a cool think to help out on.
>
> Is there anything I can help with?
Actually we have uCLinux, which is very similar. It is now running
Microwindows
and if you can play tetris or minesweeper on the or1ksim :)

Matan was working on the Linux port but I've not heard from him for a while.
(his email is matan@svgalib.org)

Marko