From: <Test1@yahoo.com>
To: <openrisc@opencores.org>
Sent: Monday, February 04, 2002 9:31 PM
Subject: Re: [openrisc] Nickname, Implementation

> Hi
> What is the official "Nickname" or "Code" for OpenRISC 1200?
> Is it OR12, or OR1200? The official nickname is important for Linux, BSD
source tree, porting and compatibility. Is there any other version of
OpenRISC? What about compatibility?

> In my opinion, OpenRISC should create samples, evaluation board, Cross
Compilers etc and distribute the product to leading software companies,
universities, IT authors and journalist. This will increase the number of
application softwares for OpenRISC. Perhaps  companies will use OpenRISC for
embedded application / devices. (ie PDA, MP3 player, smart home appliances,
automotive etc)

> There 2 major implementation of IC: FPGA and ASIC. There are several other
implementation methods and tools:

http://www.altera.com/corporate/news_room/releases/products/pr-hardcopy.html