[openrisc] performance of openrisc

Hi,
I am trying to split my bluetooth project between hardware and software,
I have some algorithms that I think they can be implemented in software
but I do not have any idea about the performance of openrisc.

The algorithms is mainly scrambler but it will be performed on several
steps with different polynomials. The input ot the algorithm is 24 bit
and the output will be 64-bit.
The good thing that this algorithm will not be executed frequently at
the worst case a new value should be generated each 312.5us.

How can I evaluate such algorithm on openrisc for performance and power
consumption. This algorithm is not used all the time so it will waste
large amount of useless hardware.

Thanks for your help
--
   Jamil Khatib