[openip] Firewire from Apple to Panasonic DVD recorder

Don't know if you can help. The problem:

The new panasonic DVD recorder DMR-E20 has a firewire port so you can
record directly from your DV-camcorder to DVD. Now panasonic has told me
that the recorder does not accept the firewire protocol that comes from
a computer - so i can't record directly from my editing program to DVD.
I think it's possible to hack the computer protocol - but I'm no
programer and so I'm looking for help. Any ideas?

Thanks
Brian