From: NewsGroup [mailto:nbase@nbase.com]
Sent: Friday, October 13, 2000 3:05 PM
To: ethmac@opencores.org
Subject: RE: [ethmac] RX MAC

Hi,

  This is strange , I wonder how come you got my Email before I got it as I
got my own post after your replay ?

Any way why all "after reflecting and xoring result with all 1's" ? it seem
to me that you waste logic for nothing simple get the result and see it is
the magic number (which will of course be not the one you mention).

the xoring (or since it is with all 1 simple inverting) and reflecting (I
guess you mean rotating) is done and needed ONLY when you genrate the crc it
is waste when you check crc.

Lastly the point od initial value it is all 1's ONLY (as in this case) when
the data is in the boundry of the equation like in this case we have
equation for 4 bit data and the data come in 4 bit. however you might want
to think about the case where the equation are for example 32 bit and the
data come let say in 8 bit what than.

BUT as I said it is just somethign to think in general as it is not
importnet in this case, here {32{1'b1}} will do the job or what ever way you
like to write 32 bit of 1.

have a nice day

   Illan