RE: [fpu] FPU operations

> I think we should keep it around for now, we can always
> remove it later. Perhaps we should add a infinity flag
> to the compare operations, which would work just like
> unordered but for infinity ?

OK, what exactly are you talking here. Can't understand. If someone
explains then I can check this how other CPU architectures handle this
so that we don't reinvent stuff.

> >more rounding modes. another alternative is to put as
> >part of teh operation.
>
> right, I missed that as well

What I initially meant under 'Type of operation' is everything that
instructs FPU what to do with two operands. So arith operation,
rounding mode, blah blah. FPU doesn't have special regs. Are these
special regs in IEEE-754 standard? I assume not. Anyway does standard
says anything how FPU should look like (interfaces etc.). I ssume it
doesn't since they don't care about implementation but only about
compliance.

> The CPU should keep those values in it's 'FPU config'
> register.

Right.

> So the FPU interface looks now something like this:

Look ok.

--damjan