Re: [fpu] Rounding of Floating Point Numbers

I also remember from somewhere that there are four modes of rounding.
Although I don't know how one usually switches between them. I don't
think this is done automatically by the compiler but must be done
explicitly through some FPU control register.

I have just bought a book on implementing math algorithms in hardware.
Great book. I'll check FP section. Anyway at the moment I don't have it
right here so I can't do this right away. Expect something a few hrs
later.

--damjan

--- Jamil Khatib <jamilkhatib75@yahoo.com> wrote:
> as I know there are 4 types of rounding in the IEEE
> std,
> Round toward nearest, Round to zero, Round to +inf,
> Round to -inf

[cut]

> Regards
> Jamil Khatib
>
> --- Rudolf Usselmann <russelmann@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Does anyone have a description or can explain
> > to me how to round properly and efficiently ?
> > This would be for IEEE-754 single precision
[cut]