RE: [fpu] fmul synthesis

Damjan,

did you turn re-timing on in DC ?

This should safe a lot of cycle time, specially in fmul, as there
are two registers back to back in the input stage.
Re-timing will move registers around and optimize the cycle time. It
would be equivalent to breaking up the multiplier itself and inserting
a pipeline stage - except it is done automatically ...

Best Regards,
rudi