[ethmac] Ethernet Core Verification with dedicated testbench language

It seems that there are many person who know EDA tool, specman-elite &
e-languege.
I'm planning the verification of ethernet core(Igor Mohor)  with
specman-elite e testbench.

Have been there any trial to do this?

If someone is in the process of doing this, the intermediate results will
be very helpful for me to complete the e verification.
And there have been no trial, I will newly start the work.
There exists reusable E testbench IP for ethernet core, but the testbench
IP is commercial product of Verisity inc. So I plan to create the E
testbench.