From: Mike Pratt [mailto:mpratt@anr.mcnc.org]
Sent: Friday, January 17, 2003 10:35 AM
To: ethmac@opencores.org
Subject: Re: [ethmac] what if DATA field is of size zero

Hi all,

I am working on a GigE MAC ... using applicable parts of the opencores
10/100 MAC as a guide.  Does anyone have some sample Ethernet packets
that would be suitable for testing this core?  I am particularly
interested in checking that I have implemented crc correctly ... so they
must have valid crc fields!  Thanks in advance for any assistance.  Regards,

Mike

Igor Mohor(opencores) wrote:

>Opencores Ethernet MAC needs a minimum size of 5 bytes for proper
>functioning. By the standard it is between 64 and 1518.
>
>Regards,
>	Igor

Mike Pratt
Network Hardware Engineer