From: cntanwei@yahoo.com [mailto:cntanwei@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 19, 2002 8:21 PM
To: ethmac@opencores.org
Subject: Re: [ethmac] RE: doubt!!

i am engaging in 10GE too!
i met a problem which you have solved successfully!

i want to calculate the 64bits wide CRC32 with altera apexII device,
but the right simulation result can't be achieved,because of multi XOR in
one clock cycle.
so i try to use the fast CRC32 method described in R.J.glaise "fast crc
calculation", and then use the two-step CRC32 calculation method.
in this way, the whole CRC32 calculation can be done with a max XOR of
4 or 5, and can be realized in the apexII device.

But the big problem is i can't get the right simulation result with the
method described in the "fast crc calculation". am i missing something?
how about the initial value setting?

and are you using this algorism too?

could you desribe your algorism in calculating 64bits CRC32 for 10GE?

i will appreciate you very much ,if you answer it soon!!!