Re: [ethmac] Testbench for FCS

** Proprietary **
** High Priority **

Hi Colin,

I looking for a help from u.

I am planning to work on Gigabit Eth MAC.
I am new to this. Could you please tell where can i get the standard for this.
If time permits kindly suggest me, how to go about for the design.

with thanx
Karthik D.

>>> colin.renfrew@sli-institute.ac.uk 09/11/02 01:17AM >>>

Hi everyone,
                ok, so I have my Gigabit Eth MAC receiver. I've tested all
parts of the system except the FCS check. I need frames for which the
(FCS has already been calculated) to test my system properly, rather
than creating random data for the frame and hand-calculating the FCS
value!

Is there a program around to automatically generate Ethernet frames
(inc. FCS field) ?

If not, can anyone advise an easy way to test that the FCS is working
correctly?

Cheers,
Colin