RE: [ethmac] Does anyone has source code of asyn fifo?

   Hi,

	I can't say much about Vhdl simply since I use verilog, however as for 16x8 use 128 CLB well ... , why not simple instantiate a RAM16X8D this will take you for Spartan as well as Virtex/VirtexE only 8 CLB.

than of course on this you add your controler which you should be able to do just as good as xilinx do as well as you can get exactly what you want and not what you have to get, meaning knowing how and what you can sometime have in certain condition (like one clock is always faster etc etc) even small design/usage.

or maybe for certain fifo an SLR16 will be a good solution whcih each SLR16 take one CLB so once again for 16x8 you will need 8 CLB

of course you might want to even put it in one of the memorey and than the memorey itself cost you 0 CLB and only the controler will require some.

as for fifo for not syntesisbale code than this is completly different story as there is no need for synconization/gray/etc etc usage simple write soemthing like

always @ (posedge wclk)
if (we)
   mem[wadd] <= #1 din;

always @ (posedge rclk)
   do <= #1 mem[radd];
   // or maybe
   // do <= #1 (radd==wadd) ? 'bx : mem[radd];

Again maybe in VHDL this is comletly different story but I see no reason why not to design an synhesis your fifo ram rom etc etc.

have a nice day

   Illan