From: owner-ecc@opencores.org [mailto:owner-ecc@opencores.org]On Behalf
Of mostafa_fawzy@yahoo.com
Sent: Tuesday, May 06, 2003 9:33 AM
To: ecc@opencores.org
Subject: [ecc] Reed-Solomon (15,11)

HI,

(I still consider my self as a beginner)

i finished implementing Reed_Solomon (15,11) using VHDL on FPGA
technology.
but it is not ALWAYS working right.
it corrects some data and don't correct others.
i think that the problem is in the error locator polynomial.
i didn't know how to implement it so i solved it analytically and got all
its
casses then i just used some conditions in order to use the suitable
polynomial for each special case.

i'm seeking for ideas about how to implement this polynomial,
i'll be grateful for any other help or any other general information about
anything.
THANKS ALOT.