From: rakesh singh [mailto:rakeshsingh80@rediffmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 02, 2002 5:45 PM
To: ecc@opencores.org_NOSPAM
Subject: [ecc] coding project

Hello,
	I am doing my undergraduate project, which deals with conmbined  speech and channel coding. I am presently considering Reed - Soloman codes for channel coding.
	Can you tell me, on which standard I should work work, and on what criteria this decision has to be taken. ITU-T G.723.1  was recommended to me. will that be OK? And why?

	Looking forward to get some enlightning reply from you.

-Rakesh Singh
 Room # 2-1-27
 REC Warangal
 Ap India