[bluetooth] RE: [oc] DPLL

Hi, You can consider to use ealy-late gate synchronization loop to recover
the bit clock for your Bluetooth uC.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-cores@opencores.org [mailto:owner-cores@opencores.org]On
Behalf Of Jamil Khatib
Sent: Friday, November 16, 2001 1:23 PM
To: cores@opencores.org; liors@flextronicsdesign.co.il
Cc: bluetooth@opencores.org
Subject: Re: [oc] DPLL

Hi,
I need such block in my bluetooth controller which can performs bit
synchronization and clock recovery.
One suggestion was to perform oversampling, but this extracts the
incoming bits based on local clock only and does not recover the
original clock.
Is this approach enough or I should implement an equalizer? or one of
approaches mentioned by Lior?

Note: the bluetooth needs two levels of synchronization
- Bit level (which I described above)
- Packet level which can be recovered using Access code correlator as
described in the BT standard.
- Moreover the Master and slaves must be synchronized as in the BT
standard.

Regards,
Jamil Khatib

   Jamil Khatib